Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Omega Quilt
Every year the staff at Omega does a quilt based on a theme. This year's theme is transformation. I was the first one this year to finish her square. Way to go me!! I started by thinking of my view of transformation and then drawing it out. This is what I came up with: The waves represent the turbulence one experiences during transformation. The trees symbolizes the growth. In the center of all of this, no matter which stage, one can find peace (yellow) and happiness (the smile) from mediation and going inward.
After I finished drawing it, I colored it the same colors as the materials I wanted to use. Choosing the materials was a lot of fun! Once that was finished, I traced each piece and then cut them out of template paper.
Each piece of fabric was fused and I traced the template onto the material. I cut the pieces out of the fabric.
Since I can't sew, the teacher outlines the pieces with thread. Here is what my piece looks like before the tread is added.
I really enjoyed the process of creating a quilt square and being part of the big Omega quilt this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment