Monday, April 12, 2010
A little homesick
The past couple of days have been a little hard. I've been homesick. I miss my nieces so very much. Kennedi turned two on Sunday and I really wished that I could have celebrated with the family. But yesterday, my friend Liz came to visit me!! It was so good to see a familiar face. The best part was that she hugged me. I hadn't had a hug since I hugged my momma good-bye. So, I was due one. Liz, a friend from my N.O.C days, come up from Connecticut to hang out for the day. I showed her around Omega and then we went into Rhinebeck for lunch. We strolled down the streets of Rhinebeck enjoying a sunny Sunday afternoon. There are some beautiful old houses in the area. A couple of days ago, my boss told me about a place to go hiking. So, Liz and I checked it out. The place, Burger Hill, is just a hill in a field that people hike. It was fun and we enjoyed being in the sunshine. The view is so beautiful and I can't wait to see it in the fall with all the leaves changing. Check out the pics I took. Smiles and hugs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
... the power of a good hug...
Hopefully you'll have some "huggable" relationships while you're in NY, but I'm sending a cyber-hug your way...
Have fun, Jenny! :-)
Thanks Kevvo!! HUGS back to you too! The friendships are here and they are slowly making there way to hug status!
Post a Comment