Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Grounds


One week down and I'm loving it! I started my position as the mail lady and I'm really enjoying it. Everyone is super nice and genuinely friendly. This place has such a loving spirit to it. I'm so excited about what is going to happen this summer. The weather has been beautiful the last couple of days and unseasonable warm. Yesterday the weather turned and it's cold! Well, it's more like the weather should be this time of year. Spring is here and everything is beginning to bloom. Today I had the day off and I spent some time exploring the grounds. Here is what I saw:


Springtime!


The Lake

This is my dorm.
The stairs to the Sanctuary.
Outside of the Sanctuary.

My job is going well. I'm surrounded by people who really care for each other. Omega provides lots of workshops and classes for the staff to do at night and throughout the season. I went to origami and bingo night this past week. FUN!!! Today, I went and started my square for the quilt they do each year. I'm really excited about it!! Transformation is the theme of the quilt and I feel like that is what this summer is all about. Guest begin arriving on April 21. So we have one more week to prepare for the official beginning of the season. More of the full time staff arrive on Monday. I can't wait to see who will arrive. May each one who reads this be blessed in some way!

No comments: