My work is going well. I have enjoyed working in the office and greeting new staff members as they arrive. It looks like I’m going to be staying in the office. The owner wants me to work full time there. (I was going to work at the activities desk and the gift shop.)
I am able to walk to work most days and love having the option. Despite the fact that it is still really cold and there is snow on the ground. It has melted about 3 feet since I have arrived! The lakes are beginning to melt too, but parts of them are still frozen. The animals are still scarce. Although, I did get to see a moose in the parking lot of the lodge and two bison with their babies on the way to town the other day. Hopefully, spring is on its way! I can’t wait to go hiking! The snow makes it hard to find the hiking trails!
I have made lots of new friends and have enjoyed living in a community again. Even though at times it is challenging, I love having people around all the time. My roommate is great and our schedules haven’t clashed too much yet. I’m still getting adjusted to the altitude and have been trying to drink lots of water. I went running the other day just to see how I would do, but I still think I need to give it a little more time. Life continues its everyday routine here in Wyoming.
No comments:
Post a Comment