Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Finding the magic in every day.

This past weekend I turned 35.  I can't believe that I'm that old!  To celebrate, I spent this last weekend in Orlando, FL at Islands of Adventure and the Magic Kingdom.  I felt like a kid again getting super excited about the little things throughout the day.  If you have ever celebrated your birthday at Disney, then you know about wearing a birthday pin and everyone saying, "Happy Birthday" to you.  It was so much fun!  Complete strangers give you a smile and wish you the best.   *Sigh*  I felt truly happy about being in that place at that moment and thankful for the experience.  I wish everyday could be that magical!  All the stress that comes with living seemed to melt away.  The day became about meeting mice, ducks, dogs, and fairies.   I let go of my "adult" way of thinking and felt/saw the wonder of it all.  Isn't that what life is all about?  Finding the moments throughout the day that make you feel alive and then cherishing them; being on the look out or maybe even creating some that make others smile.  Rather these moments be big or small look for them, create them, and then feel them.  Keep them close inside your heart.  Share them with those who will appreciate the wonder too!  Make it a game.  When the day is going badly or the stress is seeping in, take a look around and find something or someone who makes you smile.  Let the magic find it's way back into your day and into your heart.  Feel the magic!  

No comments: