Saturday, August 3, 2013

I want to live.  Not half way, but truly live.  I want to explore all that this world has to offer.  I want to do what I want to do and not over analyze everything.  (Which is really hard for me to do!)  There are so many adventures left to go on.  I have heard many people talk about what they would do if they won the lottery.  It amazes me how many people would just stay in their old routines, but with a better house, different cars, and a lot fewer bills.  That is not for me.  I would sell everything I owned, granted that's not much, and go travel the world.  I would buy me a nice backpack and be gone.  Look for the postcards in the mail!  There is so much out there to see and to do.  I had this guy ask me the other day, why I did so much outside of work.  He asked me if I was bored.  It floored me.  Because we have to work, I believe that each moment outside of work should be spent doing what you love and discovering new things.  Not just surviving.  Blessed is the person who has the job that they love.  There is a quote from Confucius that is on one of my old NOC shirts.  It says, "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life."  That is what I'm searching for right now.  Hopefully soon, I will find it.  But until then I'm going to try and find new adventures to go on everyday.  My humble advice is:  If you don't have a bucket list, then make one and get started on it today!  

No comments: