Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just Thinking


I have been chewing on this since last night. Yesterday, I went to NOC to see some old friends and to see just who I could run into. I feel like that I have been through so much in the last three years since I left NOC. I know that I have changed from the person I left there as and I am very thankful for that. My goal is to become a much more positive person. To dig deep and get rid of all the negative that I have harbored inside of me. I know going to yoga school will help in this process. Going back to NOC was a little hard. What will the people think about me now that I have changed? But I pressed on and enjoyed it throughly. I have always been the type of person who will share her heart, if I knew what was on it. Sometimes that is good and sometimes that isn't, but that's me! So, this is what is on my heart after going up to NOC. Have you ever thought about a gift you could give someone that is more absturct. Like the gift of hope, happiness or joy. I have a friend that I would love to give the gift of happiness. I also know that happiness is found within. I know I can't go inside him, go through all his junk, help him realise what he needs to deal with in order to make him feel happy. I have often thought that if I could just give him that extra umph that push in the right direction, to get him started I would. I just don't know how. And maybe it's not my place to give that to him. Believe me, if I could wrap happiness up in a box I would give it to him in a heartbeat. I just want him to live a life that he feels is worth living, one filled with meaning, value, hope, and happiness. I know that is what Jesus can do, but it is hard when he is a Christian struggling with it still. I have been there, I know. The amazing thing is that my God is big enough to let me wrestle with Him. And on my journey called "my life", He understands and allows me the freedom to wrestle with life itself, who He is, and what part He plays. In the end, He gives us the grace, mercy, joy and happiness to enjoy life. And the wisdom to try and make something positive out of it. To share the happiness, the joy, the hope and all things with each other that He has given us to help each other out along our pathes in life. Including our struggles. Is their a certain person in your life that you would give an abstract gift too? What would it be?

No comments: