
I know I'm dragging this adventure out, but there was so much to see and talk about. After we made it through the marsh we came to the beach. It was so pretty. Cumberland still has the big sand dunes like Jeykll had when I was growing up. It was weird though to see the horses in the dunes just eating. The beach was really cool because there was no developments near the beach at all. It was just beach. We had so much fun. After we walked on the beach for a while, we went back through the maritime forest to the next dock up. We set on a porch and had lunch. Then we walked back through the woods to the dock we arrived at that morning. As we were walking a thunder storm rolled in. We made it to the dock over hang just in time. After the rain moved on we went down to the river to look for sea glass and shark's teeth while we waited on the ferry to take us back to St Mary's. That was fun until I fell into a sink hole. I went up to my thighs in marsh mud. I ended up crawling out of the mud. Didn't lose my shoes though. My legs were completely covered in mud. We didn't get a picture of that. Sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment