Most of you know or at least have heard of the Savannah College of Art and Design. It is one of the top art schools in the nation, if not the top. I went to school in Savannah, but didn't attend SCAD. I went to church with and hung out with tons of people who did. I earned a biology degree from Armstrong Atlantic State University. Most of the people that know me at
AASU thought I went to SCAD and most of the people at SCAD thought I went to SCAD too. Needless to say, I hung out with some incredible artists. Hanging out with such creative people encouraged me to be creative too. I have always loved giving gifts from the heart. If I can make something that someone else will cherish I jump at the chance. Throughout the years, I have come up with some better unique gifts. I believe that the gift to create, to be an artist, has always been deep inside of me. I just recently read somewhere that we are all created by a Creator and therefore all have the ability to create. I really like that. I have a very simple way of creating things for different people. I love to put symbolism in all of my art work if I can. Some of my work is loaded with it and yet others were just a simple idea I wanted to share with that person. I was encouraged by a friend to share some of my work. I hope you enjoy. Just remember that you too are an artist. What's inside of you that needs to be expressed, that needs to be created?



This is a series of paintings I did for my friend Kari. She loves Scrabble and even made me play it on the beach one day!!
The painting below is one I created for my friend Eden. I just wanted to encourage her with beautiful words like she does for me.
3 comments:
these are lovely Jen
i didnt see my name on your favorite things list. :O(
Mike, you're a favorite. It just goes without saying.
Post a Comment