Hey!! I'm settling into my new life here. I am really enjoying my job as the mail lady! It has allowed me to get to know lots of people on campus. Both those who work here and even some participants. Most people are happy to see me because they are picking up a package. Who doesn't like getting a package! I love to see the smiles on their faces! It always brightens my day! When I am sorting the mail, I love looking down at a piece of mail to discover that my name is on the envelope! That really puts a smile on my face! Hint...Hint...
One of my favorite places to go on a really sunny and warm day is down by the lake. There are several hammocks there. I love to take a book to read, but most of the time I end up taking a nap! I was able to take a canoe out on the lake the other day with a friend. It felt really good to be paddling again! Not that a calm lake compares to being on the river, but it was still fun. Maybe I can find a river to go play on up here once it warms up a bit and stays warm.
The type of food has been the biggest challenge for me to get used to eating. Only vegetarian meals are served in the dining hall. About every two weeks I get a ride into town for a good meat meal! The cafe here does sale some meat food, but I always seem to forget that it is there. Not tonight though, I had a nice turkey burger! Yummy!
Omega is a really good place to be right now for me. I'm really happy that I found this place to work at this season. I hope you find a wonderful, positive place to grow and change this summer too! Smiles and hugs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment